Get The Look For Less! 8 Fashion Week Looks you Can Actually Afford
By: Carolyn Holtzman
Fashion Month just ended, closing out the best time of year to see what designers have in store for next season. With structured suiting from Tom Ford and Balenciaga, jewel tones from Elie Tahari and Sally Lapointe, and colored leather from Ulla Johnson and Tibi, it’s almost impossible not to spend your entire paycheck on a brand-new wardrobe.
But fear not—we’ve gathered our favorite looks from the runways in New York, London, Milan, and Paris, and have recreated them for less so you can get the look without breaking the bank.
No one kicks of NYFW better than Tom Ford and his cool kid suiting. This mix of textiles and deep colors are always a favorite, and who doesn’t want to dress like Gigi Hadid? This almost all red look is perfect for work to a night out.
1. Asos UNIQUE21 oversized velvet blazer two-piece Blazer, $36; asos.com
2. House Of Harlow 1960 X REVOLVE Vincent Pants, $67; revolve.com
3. Fashion Nova Lexie Ribbed Bodysuit, $20; fashionnova.com
4. Forever 21 Sheer Diamond Pattern Socks, $3; forever21.com
5. Steve Madden Carrson Sandal, $90; nordstrom.com
Winter may not even be over, but no collection got us more excited for Fall than Ulla Johnson. Every look was cozy yet high fashion with a mix of layered pieces in blues, oranges, and browns. Come September, you will definitely see us recreating this look for Saturdays out in the city.
1. H&M Fine-knit Turtleneck Sweater, $30; hm.com
2. H&M Asymmetric Skirt, $60; hm.com
3. Dusty BlueHigh Boots Round Toe Suede Chunky Heel Over-the-Knee Boots, $130; fsjshoes.com
4. Forever 21 Cutout Hoop Earrings, $3; forever21.com
5. Oversized Faux Leather Handbag, $25; forever21.com
Zadig & Voltaire
Zadig + Voltaire’s FW19 collection screamed model off duty, and no look exemplified this more than this. Post-NYFW, we’re looking forward to hanging out in sweats too, and hope to make it look this cool.
1. Sand Ultimate Oversized Hoodie, $32; PrettyLittleThing.com
2. Gap Ribbed Triblend Joggers, $40; gap.com
3. Fernanda Fur Coat, $45; fashionnova.com
4. Forever 21 Aviator Frame Readers, $8; forever21.com
5. Bershka White Platform Sneakers, $40; bershka.com
Hellessy presented one of the most fun and colorful collections of NYFW this season. Yellows, blues, red, and western hats made these pieces perfect for the Spring to Fall transition. Our favorite – this bright pink look paired with jeans for a sophisticated yet casual ensemble.
1. Lulu's Acadiana Fuchsia Satin Long Sleeve Maxi Dress, $44; lulus.com
2. Claire's Gold 2.5" Striped Geometric Drop Earrings, $13; claires.com
3. H&M Pants Skinny Fit Jeans, $20; hm.com
4. Vince Camuto Airmosah Pumps, $60; dsw.com
Everything from the dresses to the makeup and styling in the Brock Collection show was so soft and feminine. Everyone needs a fun printed dress in their life, and this look is perfect for those days when you want to look girly and polished.
1. ASOS DESIGN wrap front jacquard midi dress with long sleeves in red polka dot, $25; asos.com
2. H&M Round Earrings,$10; hm.com
3. Forever 21 Faux Suede Belt, $10; forever21.com
4. Zara Vinyl High Heels, $50; zara.com
Hopping across the pond for London Fashion week to another favorite – Victoria Beckham. We’re still bummed she’s not be joining the Spice Girls reunion tour, but she obviously knows where her strengths are, in creating amazing tailored pieces. Her collection was so beautiful and polished, and we can’t wait to recreate this preppy look for Spring.
1. Love by Design Eyelash Chenille Distressed Sweater, $15; nordstromrack.com
2. J.Crew Gingham Classic Button-Down Shirt In Boy Fit, $57; factory.jcrew.com
3. Easy Street Prim Pump, $55; dsw.com
4. Lovers + Freinds Sedge Pant Pants, $71; revolve.com
5. Animal Print Clutch, $30; Zara.com
No designer exemplified Italian design like Versace. Donatella mixed her usual golds and blacks with more vibrant hues this year during Milan Fashion Week, but we still found ourselves obsessed with her use of hardware, like in the look recreated here for the ultimate cool chick.
1. Double Breasted Tailored Blazer Dress, $35; boohoo.com
2. Black Lion Buckle Detail Belt, $22; prettylittlething.com
3. Sincerely Jules by Scünci Crystal Salon Clip, $9; target.com
4. J.Crew Opaque Tights, $20; jcrew.com
5. Aldo Onaedia Nubuck Pumps, $47; aldoshoes.com
This Fashion Month roundup would not be complete without a look highlighting the late Karl Lagerfeld’s final collection at Chanel. While every piece in this collection was covetable, this was a personal favorite as it pays homage to both the designs and personal style of one of the greatest designers of our time.
1. Chiffon Tiered Ruffle Shirt, $19; forever21.com
2. Shein Slit Back Tied Front Cape Coat, $17; shein.com
3. Ashley Mason High Rise Faux Leather Pants, $25; nordstromrack.com
4. Layered Chain Belt, $19; urbanoutfitters.com
5. Cape Robbin Untamed Fuzzy Flat Boots, $45; shopakira.com
Follow us on Instagram @MakingManhattanOfficial